The Ultimate Self-Defense System
The techniques of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu have been developed over hundreds of years and the roots of BJJ can be traced to a martial arts system that Samurais used for warfare.
The polished BJJ techniques have been proven effective in all stages of combat, from ancient military fighting systems, to the streets and to top mixed martial arts competition... UFC champions know at least the most basic Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu techniques, attacks, defenses and escapes.
Don't think because MMA champions know BJJ techniques that you must be a professional fighter or athlete to learn them. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is for EVERYONE!
Inside Connection Rio Jiu-Jitsu Academy
Connection Rio Jiu-Jitsu Academy is a nearly 3,000 square foot facility with almost 1,600 square feet of Premium Swain Dollamur mats on which to train. We cater to all levels of participants from beginners to professional athletes. No matter what your personal reason for training, Connection Rio Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Bend is the place to be.
When our planned construction is completed, here are some of the amenities we will have...
- Our almost 1,600 square feet of Premium Swain Dollamur mats will be on a raised floor to provide quality mat time and extra protection while training.
- We will have separate men's and women's dressing rooms, including lockers.
- There will be a children’s lounge for the training parents.
- We will have an on-site laundry service (just like the first Jiu-jitsu academy in Rio de Janeiro). If you train before work or during lunch break, you will be able to leave your sweaty kimono with us and return to a dry, fresh-smelling, folded kimono for your next session.
- We will have a comfortable off-mat viewing area to watch class and talk technique.
- We will have Brazilian-made kimonos, shorts, rashguards and Connection Rio merchandise available on-site for your convenience.